Our cutting and charcuterie boards will last a lifetime if cared for properly. There are a few things to know about caring for your wooden goods. Follow these tips to help maintain your board and keep it in top shape.
- Hand wash only with warm water and soap. A quick rinse is all that's needed to wash off your board. You can use a scraper or more abrasive sponge for stubborn foods.
- Avoid the dishwasher at all costs as well as leaving your board submerged in water. This can cause your board to warp or even crack. The dishwasher is quickest way to ruin a wooden cutting board.
- Air dry your board. Stand the cutting board on its edge after cleaning to allow both sides to dry at an even rate. Alternatively, you can use a drying rack. A quick wipe down with a towel helps too.
- Avoid leaving a wet cutting board on a flat surface such as the countertop. This can lead to warping.
- Condition your cutting board with Wood Butter every few weeks or as needed. After multiple washes, wood will naturally begin to dull and needs to be moisturized. Using Wood butter will revive the luster and seal in moisture. Our Wood Butter is easy to use and only requires a dab wiped on the surfaces. Let it soak in for atleast 15 minutes then buff off. It will leave a silky wax coating and instantly bring life back to your cutting or charcuterie board, wooden utensils, bowls, cups, etc.